Local & Regional
10:48 am
Sat July 2, 2011

Home Destroyed by Fire

Howe, OK – Grass fire destroys home in southeastern Oklahoma

HOWE,Okla. (AP) A house was destroyed and a mobile home was damaged when a grass fire started by fireworks spread to the structures in Howe.

LeFlore County Emergency Management Director Michael Davidson says three firefighters had to be treated for minor heat exhaustion Friday afternoon, but they were OK. There were no other reports of injuries.

Davidson says fireworks set off by some children sparked the fire in grass that had become overgrown near the homes, both of which weren't occupied.

He says about five acres were burned.