Authorities say a man accused of shooting two police officers also is suspected of killing his aunt and uncle in the Oklahoma City area. Oklahoma County Sheriff's Office spokesman Mark Opgrande says 38-year-old Michael Vance remains missing Monday morning. Vance is suspected in the shooting of two police officers in Wellston near Oklahoma City, then making his getaway in a patrol car. Opgrande says authorities believe he then stole another vehicle from a woman whose condition has not been...
Oklahoma is among the leaders halfway through the transition to new federal education law. The Every Student Succeeds Act, or ESSA, is replacing the No Child Left Behind Act. It was signed into law by President Barack Obama on Dec. 10, 2015, and all U.S. schools must comply for the 2017–2018 school year. "Oklahoma is our shining model that's taking place right now and what they're doing to get it right for their students," said National Education Association President Lily Eskelen-Garcia. "It...
From the outset, Democrats needed a very big-wave election to get to the 30 seats they need to win back control of the House. Then, a video of Donald Trump surfaced showing the GOP nominee making lewd comments, and later multiple women accused him of groping them. That left some wondering if these scandals could trigger that wave.But that simply hasn't happened.Some races have shifted late in Democrats' favor, particularly in Republican-held suburban districts with high levels of voters with...
- Support for State Question on Farming Rights Seems to be Slipping, Poll Suggests
- The Legal Complications of Oklahoma’s State Question to Constitutionally Protect Farming
- Uncertainty Surrounds Right-to-Farm Even In States That Adopted It Years Ago
- EPA Recommends Disposal Moratorium in Oklahoma’s Most Earthquake-Prone Areas
- Groups Opposing State Question On Agriculture Form Unusual Alliance Over Water