Public Radio 89.5 KWGS & Classical 88.7 KWTU
Public Radio Tulsa is a listener-supported service of the University of Tulsa. Public Radio 89.5 KWGS and Classical 88.7 KWTU are non-commercial FM stations broadcasting from Kendall Hall on the TU campus. From a tower located near Coweta, Oklahoma, KWGS covers northeastern Oklahoma with a power of 50,000 watts; KWTU serves Tulsa with 5,000 watts. The stations of Public Radio Tulsa are affiliates of National Public Radio, American Public Media, Minnesota Public Radio, and the British Broadcasting System. Public Radio Tulsa is funded, in part, by the Corporation for Public Broadcasting.
KWGS began broadcasting on October 19,1947 and was the first FM station in Oklahoma and one of the first educational stations in the country. The call letters reflect the generosity of oilman William Grove Skelly. KWTU's sign-on of October 15, 2004 celebrated the return of classical music to the Tulsa airwaves and owes a debt of gratitude to John K. Major, owner of Tulsa's first commercial classical music station. KWTU is the first station in Oklahoma to broadcast in digital HD Radio.
Public Radio Tulsa Senior Management
Rich Fisher, General Manager (918) 631-2779 • firstname.lastname@example.org
Frank Christel, Director of Broadcast Services (918) 631-2578 • email@example.com
Public Radio Tulsa Governing Board
Roger Blais, chair
The PRT Governing Board met on Dec 17, 2013 at 2:00pm CT at the Jill Zink Tarbel Heritage Room in Collins Hall at 2905 E. 8th Street, Tulsa, OK
Next meeting will be in June 2014
Public Radio Tulsa Community Advisory Board
The PRT CAB will meet in the first quarter of 2014
Job openings at Public Radio Tulsa and our EEO Public File Report can be viewed here.
Corporation for Public Broadcasting Public File
Public Radio Tulsa subscribes to the Public Media Code of Integrity and the Society of Professional Journalists Code of Ethics.