The shutdown of the federal government will have an impact on Oklahoma, but mostly it will be an inconvenience:
- The Tulsa Social Security Office will not have people available to answer questions. Payment will not be impacted.
- Army Corp of Engineers operated lake sites will be closed.
- About 4,000 workers at the Tinker Air Force Base will be furloughed.
- Passport requests will not be processed.
- VA/FHA Home Loans will not be processed.
- The U.S. Attorney's Office in Tulsa will operate with a limited staff.
- IRS will not process paper returns.
- The Oklahoma City Bombing Memorial
- The Post Office
- Air Traffic Control/TSA
- Congressional Offices
- State, County and Municipal Government