Local & Regional
Tue October 1, 2013
What Will the Federal Closing Mean To You?
By KWGS News
The shutdown of the federal government will have an impact on Oklahoma, but mostly it will be an inconvenience:
- The Tulsa Social Security Office will not have people available to answer questions. Payment will not be impacted.
- Army Corp of Engineers operated lake sites will be closed.
- About 4,000 workers at the Tinker Air Force Base will be furloughed.
- Passport requests will not be processed.
- VA/FHA Home Loans will not be processed.
- The U.S. Attorney's Office in Tulsa will operate with a limited staff.
- IRS will not process paper returns.
- The Oklahoma City Bombing Memorial
- The Post Office
- Air Traffic Control/TSA
- Congressional Offices
- State, County and Municipal Government