Local & Regional
Tue February 12, 2013
Weather Advisory Issued for Some Nearby Counties
The National Weather Service in Tulsa has issued a WINTER WEATHER ADVISORY for portions of Northeast Oklahoma. As you can see, Tulsa County is NOT included at this time. However, counties to our north and west are the advisory area. Below is the actual text announcement from the National Weather Service:
THE NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE IN TULSA HAS ISSUED A WINTER WEATHER
ADVISORY FOR SNOW...WHICH IS IN EFFECT UNTIL 6 AM CST WEDNESDAY...
FOR THE FOLLOWING COUNTIES...
* IN OKLAHOMA...CRAIG...NOWATA...OTTAWA...ROGERS...MAYES AND
* AREAS OF RAIN WILL SPREAD INTO NORTHEAST OKLAHOMA EARLY THIS
AFTERNOON...TRANSITIONING TO SNOW BY LATE AFTERNOON ALONG AND
NORTH OF INTERSTATE 44. THE SNOW WILL SPREAD ACROSS THE
REMAINDER OF NORTHEAST OKLAHOMA THIS EVENING BEFORE ENDING
* SNOW ACCUMULATION OF 1 TO 3 INCHES IS EXPECTED THROUGH THIS
* ROADS IN THE ADVISORY AREA MAY BECOME SLICK AND HAZARDOUS...
ESPECIALLY ON BRIDGES AND OVERPASSES AND NON-TREATED SURFACES.
* A WINTER WEATHER ADVISORY MEANS THAT WINTRY PRECIPITATION MAY
ACCUMULATE ON ROADWAYS.
* USE EXTRA CAUTION IF DRIVING. ATTEMPT TO STAY ON TREATED
ROADWAYS. EXPECT TRAVEL DELAYS.