By Associated Press
Oklahoma City, OK – Doctor offered Okla. ME's job turns it down
OKLAHOMA CITY (AP) The state's interim chief medical examiner says he's turned down an offer to hold the job on a full-time basis.
Andrew Sibley told The Oklahoman on Thursday that he felt he didn't have the complete support of the state's Board of Medicolegal Investigations, which oversees the Medical Examiner's office. He says the job offer "was an afterthought out of desperation" by the board.
Sibley has worked in the agency's Tulsa office for more than 10 years and has been Oklahoma's interim chief medical examiner since June.
The 48-year-old Sibley has applied for the job twice and was passed over in March 2009 and again this year, when the board offered the job to an Arizona doctor in September before withdrawing that offer earlier this month. The board then offered the job to Sibley.
Information from: The Oklahoman, http://www.newsok.com
Copyright 2010 The Associated Press.