Space Heater Fire in SUV Kills Tulsa Man

Jan 13, 2018

File photo
Credit Tulsa Fire Department

A Tulsa homeless man is dead after a SUV fire in east Tulsa. The man was sleeping in vehicle at a repair shop near Admiral and Mingo. He was apparently using a space heater, plugged into an extension cord to stay warm. Fire officials say that is what sparked the fire.

The fire was reported about two o'clock on Saturday morning. The fire department as stressed in the past the dangers of sleeping with a space heater.