Fri October 5, 2012
The Score: Movie Music Comes to Classical 88.7-1
The Score with Edmund Stone is a weekly celebration of symphonic music in film, a fascinating cultural adventure through Americas best-loved art form. Movies are one of our most common musical experiences and a gateway to classical music. This program is an unparalleled exploration of the indelible movie music experience. Your host, Edmund Stone, is a classically trained Shakespearean actor from England whose background includes a variety of stage and screen roles.
- October 7 - Dreams and Nightmares • Music from films set in the world of dreams including Inception, The Black Swan and more on the next edition of The Score.
- October 14 - Music for Myths • Scores to films from Classical mythology, including Clash of the Titans, Thor, Beowulf and more on the next edition of The Score.
- October 21 - Politics • Music from films about political campaigns, including The Manchurian Candidate, Milk and more on the next edition of The Score.
- October 28 - Hammer: The Studio That Dripped Blood, B-movies with grade-A scores • For Halloween we'll hear music from films by the legendary British horror studio Hammer Films on the next edition of The Score.
- November 4 - TBD
- November 11 - Veterans Come Home • For Veterans Day we'll hear music from films about returning veterans, including Born on the Fourth of July, The Best Years of our Lives, The Hurt Locker and more on the next edition of The Score.