Local & Regional
Fri January 8, 2010
Owasso House Fire
By KWGS News
Owasso, OK – A space heater, being used to heat a vacant rural Owasso house, is to blame for a morning house fire. The blaze near 106th Street North and Memorial Drive was spotted early this morning by an Oklahoma Highway Patrol Trooper.
Fire units from Owasso and Collinsville battled the blaze. A nearly fire hydrant was frozen and could not be used. Water had to be brought in by a tanker truck. No one was injured, despite water used on the fire freezing on the ground and everything not on fire.