Local & Regional
Tue April 30, 2013
Fire Damages Tulsa Classroom
A fire causes damage to a pre-fab classroom at a north Tulsa public school. The blaze was reported about 7:30AM at the McKinley Elementary School. The school is located two blocks east of Sheridan on King Street.
Tulsa Public Schools spokesman Chris Payne says the fire was apparently caused by the electrical supply to an air conditioner. The trailer-like building was used as a classroom for special education students.
Payne says since the fire was before school started for the day, no students were in the classroom at the time. He says school went on as scheduled at McKinley. He says space was made elsewhere in the elementary school for the special education students.