Fatal Fire in Claremore

Claremore, OK – Woman dies in Claremore house fire

CLAREMORE, Okla. (AP) A Claremore woman has been killed in a house fire while a teenager escaped the flames and a 75-year-old woman was rescued by firefighters.

Fire department spokesman Mark Owens says 57-year-old Robin Trout of Claremore died in the Tuesday morning fire. Owens says Trout was found in her bedroom.

He says a teenager was able to get out of the home and the 75-year-old woman pulled from the burning house was taken to a local hospital in undisclosed condition.

Owens says the fire was reported about 3 a.m. Tuesday and appears to have been started by a smoldering cigarette. He says the home had several smoke detectors but none with working batteries.


Information from: Claremore Daily Progress, http://www.claremoreprogress.com

Copyright 2010 The Associated Press.