The City of Owasso dedicates its first Compressed Natural Gas Fueling facility.
While this is the first Owasso CNG fueling station, the uniqueness of the event is found in the facility's architecture. The city built a replica of a 1920's Shell Station that was located on Owasso's Main Street, until it was demolished in 1974. Utilizing this old style building to dispense an Oklahoma based alternative fuel brings the old together with the new, all the while helping rebuild and preserve Owasso's Main Street.
A ribbon was cut this morning in front of the station. The Blue Fuels Station was built by Tulsa Gas Technologies.