Local & Regional
Wed January 12, 2011
Arena Rankings Released
By KWGS News
Tulsa, OK – The year-end rankings of the top arena venues worldwide based on ticket sales for 2010 have been released by Pollstar magazine, a leading industry publication. The BOK Center ranked #10 in the United States and #23 in the World. In both full years of operation for the arena, 2009 and 2010, BOK Center has finished in the top ten of the Pollstar rankings.
"We are very grateful for the continued success after two and a half years. The support and interest in the building from Tulsa and the surrounding communities is remarkable, and I'd like to thank the ticket purchasers who helped us accomplish this ranking," remarked General Manager John Bolton. "2011 is shaping up to be another strong year with great tours and we look forward to sharing the excitement with our fans."
Top 10 nationwide arenas (with ticket sales):
1. Madison Square Garden Arena - New York, NY - 1,152,792
2. Staples Center - Los Angeles, CA - 650,553
3. American Airlines Center - Dallas, TX - 518,646
4. Philips Arena - Atlanta, GA - 508,267
5. Sprint Center - Kansas City, MO - 482,842
6. Bridgestone Arena - Nashville, TN - 447,099
7. Well Fargo Center - Philadelphia, PA - 412,594
8. The Palace of Auburn Hills - Auburn Hills, MI - 398,694
9. Oracle Arena - Oakland, CA - 374,640
10. BOK Center - Tulsa, OK - 360,871
The BOK Center's success is fueled by the number and variety of the entertainment coming to Tulsa. More than 175 events ranging from C-USA Men's Basketball Tournament to Brooks & Dunn to Yo! Gabba Gabba Live! and the Second Anniversary Concert featuring Tom Petty and the Heartbreakers were part of the lineup in 2010. In addition, the BOK Center continues to garner national industry recognition not just for itself, but for staff members as well. The most recent nomination for Arena of the Year will be awarded in early February by Pollstar. Sharon Dunaway, Box Office Manager for BOK Center and Tulsa Convention Center was voted in by the ticketing industry as VenuesToday magazine's 2011 Box Office Star.