Latest Information:
Local & Regional
7:42 am
Mon March 25, 2013

2 Die After House Fire in South Oklahoma

JOY, Okla. (AP) — The State Fire Marshal's office says two people were found dead after a house fire in south Oklahoma.

Authorities say the fire was reported early Sunday at a home in rural Murray County. Oklahoma City television station KOCO reports  that five people were asleep in the home at the time of the fire.

Authorities say two people awoke and saw the curtains on fire in the home. Authorities say everyone in the home was alerted, but only three people were able to escape.

The Joy Fire Department says the home was engulfed in flames when firefighters arrived. Authorities believe the blaze was started when an electrical system near the porch light malfunctioned.

Authorities say the home did not have smoke detectors.